Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 4 - Mud and Mosquitos

I was happy to leave the mud behind at CP2 not to mention the mosquitos who were taking no prisoners.  After a quick stop at the Ranger station to get a camping permit we left Chokoloskee.  Shortly after our departure I managed to drop my phone overboard but luckily retrieved it after a short search and rescue mission in the shallows.  





Our next destination was the Ten Thousand Islands and the Everglades National Park shooting for CP3 Flamingo.  There were some amazing wildlife moments this day and we saw many dolphin, turtles, wading birds, shore birds and manatee.  After many hours on the water we decide to stop at the South Joe River Chickee which is a platform upon which one can camp.  Once again the mosquitos had a feast and even once in my tent I felt like they were going to carry me off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment