Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 3 Early Start

We were up at 3:30 and on the water by 4:30am because the wind was shifting to the south I thought this would help us get a kick-start on the day.  We past Naples and stopped at the pier as I was starving and figured there would be some sort of concession stand there.  Those hotdogs tasted so good, followed by two cups of Coke I felt rejuvenated.  This was a good day for food as I was tired of the energy bars and powder I was drinking.  I found a lady selling burgers off her boat at one of the inlets and that was like a gift from heaven.  There was a lot of talk about food and food cravings.  It was another long day and after a huge battle against the outgoing tide we made it to Chokoloskee at mid-night.
 Thanks for hanging with me Val it was great to have the company and share the frustration, laughter and experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment